To equalise column widths or row heights in Excel.
Method — for column widths (see video above)
- Select the columns by clicking and dragging across the worksheet column headings (i.e. within the top row containing the labels A, B, C etc.)
- Select (click and hold) any of the column dividers from within the column header, and the cursor changes to a double-headed arrow.
- Drag to the required width and release the mouse button.
- All the columns will match the set column width.
- The columns stay selected until you click outside of them, so you can continue to fine-tune the width.
Method — for row heights
- Use the same principle as for adjusting column widths.
- Select the range of rows from within the row labels.
- Select and drag one of the row dividers from within the row number area (rows 1, 2, 3 etc.).
- All the selected rows will adjust to match the adjusted row height.